Look! The quilt top is complete. I deviated from the pattern with the border a bit. I do like the aboriginal prints with this pattern. Next weekend I'll piece the backing and send it off to the quilter as this one is too big for me to quilt.
Like most quilters I know, I work on multiple projects at once. I tend to hang quilts and projects in process over the upstairs balcony.
The bargello looking pieces are top and bottom stripped piece panels. I intend on finishing the remaining two panels this weekend and maybe even the border. The pattern, Jamaica, is from the book Tradition with a Twist Do you find it odd that I chose aboriginal fabric for a pattern called Jamaica? I am making it for my son who likes Flamenco style ~ Does anyone have fabric suggestions for this?
The flannel tumbler block strips are rows in a scrap quilt in progress. I am using the left over flannel from rag quilts to make this quilt. I have 42 blocks in each row and will make 42 or more rows ~ thus far I only have about 350 blocks and need at least 1764.
I created this blog to use as a single place to update status during my kidney transplant & recovery ~ I pretty much stopped updating when I returned to work as it was mostly co-workers and friends reading the updates. It's been 1.5 years since the transplant and all is well. I am still recovering to some degree and dealing with low iron & calcium (parathyroid) issues as a result of the kidney disease but the joy and sense of well being having this new working kidney overshadows all of these 'minor' issues ~ I will provide updates now and then and if anyone reading has had a transplant then let's talk! Otherwise for the most part I will be blogging about quilting!
This was the 3rd quilt I completed - I had a lot of scrap colors and some Jane Sassman fabric so I attemped my first log cabin. About 1/2 way into it I set a goal to create 100 blocks.l The quilt ended up 114x115 inches. I used leftovers for the border.